- Setting up banner campaigns
- Create a campaign for a fixed recipient
- Adding, updating and removing customer's mailing lists
- External campaign configuration for data extraction
- Creating an email campaign action - Whole process
- Creating an External Campaign Action
- Audiences in Custobar
- Creating and editing a template
- How to use Custobar stickers on product images
- Creating an SMS campaign action
- AB testing in Custobar
- Two-way SMS
Creating an SMS campaign action
SMS messages are a great way to engage your customers. It is a engaging way of inviting your most loyal customers to exclusive events or informing them about new products they are surely interested in. Creating a SMS campaign activity, follows the way how you do any other campaign activity in Custobar. (It is important however to remember that before you send a SMS campaign, you need to create a SMS template which can be empty of course)
Below you can see the SMS creation view, it works similarly as creating other campaign activities.
Please note: By using standard encoding for GSM messages, the 7-bit default alphabet, you can fit 160 characters in a single SMS message.
If you include even a single character which is not supported in the default alphabet, all message characters will be encoded in a different standard which will cause a maximum number of characters to drop to only 70 per message! If the message is longer than 70 characters it will be divided into two parts, where the second message will also be limited to 70 characters, even if the second message contains only basic GSM alphabet. Same rules are applied to every consequent message part.
If you want to use SMS campaign activities, contact us at [email protected] and we will help you with a company specific configuration.