How to install the Custobar tracking script to Shopware 6?
Would you like to know, for example, which products your identified customers are browsing? Follow these instructions to start tracking your customers' browsing activity in your Shopware 6 store and to install the Custobar tracking script.
First, you need to have connected your Shopware 6 store to Custobar.
Settings within Custobar
You will need the tracking script API token from Custobar.
- In Custobar, go to Settings -> Custobar.js tracking script.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to find the script.
- Within the script you will find a long number and letter sequence by the name of “companyToken”. The token starts with the letters “API…”.
- Note down the “API…” token. You will need it later in Shopware.
Settings within Shopware
- Go to Shopware 6, Extensions -> Store > Search for “Custobar”, click “Custobar for Shopware 6” and click “Add extension”.
- Accept the terms, conditions and permissions and click “Add extension for free”.
- Go to My extensions, find “Custobar for Shopware 6” and click “Install app”.
- Click on the three dots and click “Configuration”.
- Select the sales channels you want to track.
- Toggle on “Enable tracking”.
- Paste the API token you copied from Custobar into the API token field.
- Click “Save”.
- Go to “Extensions” -> “My extensions”, and toggle the “Custobar for Shopware 6” extension on.
Continue settings within Custobar
Now that the tracking script has been installed in your Shopware store, you still need to set it up within Custobar.
- Go to Settings -> Custobar.js tracking script.
- Add the address(es) of the Shopware store(s) you want to track into the “Allowed sources for traffic” field. For example, https://example.com, or https://www.example.com.
- Click “Save” at the bottom of the page.
- Now you can validate that the tracking code in your Shopware store is working. Click on the “Validate” button at the top of the page.
- Enter the URL address of your Shopware store and click “Validate”. Follow the instructions. The page will let you know if the validation was successful.
- You can find the browsing events later on from “Customers” -> “Events”. Please notice that browsing events will start to appear in your Custobar environment only after the product data has synched from Shopware 6 into Custobar, and an identified customer browses those products.