Does your company manage or wish to manage its Custobar logins with Microsoft Azure? Here are the most frequently asked questions about managing Azure user rights and Custobar.
How can I enable Microsoft Azure authentication for Custobar?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to activate Microsoft Azure authentication. We will need your Azure AD Tenant ID and name of the first (admin) user of your Custobar environment to activate the integration. Setting up the authentication is billable work.
I will be the first user (admin) of our Custobar environment. How do I login for the first time?
Firstly, you need to have access to your own organisation's systems with the Azure authentication.
- Go to the login page of your Custobar environment and click the "Sign in with Microsoft" button. At this point, Custobar tells you that that the user rights are missing and you need an admin to assign you a role.
- Inform email@example.com that you've tried to sign in, and we will assign the admin role to you.
- Now you can login to Custobar.
I'm the admin of our Custobar environment. How do I add access rights to other users in my organisation?
Firstly, all users need to have access to your own organisations systems with the Azure authentication.
- Ask other users to go to the login page of your Custobar environment and click the "Sign in with Microsoft" button. At this point, Custobar tells them that that their user rights are missing and they need an admin to assign you a role.
- Next, you as the company's main user needs to sign in to Custobar, go to the manage users section where your colleagues' information has appeared.
- Assign a Custobar user role to each of the new users.
- Now your colleagues can login again and this time they will get into Custobar.
I have disabled a user in Azure. Does it also disable the user in Custobar?
A user needs to have a valid Azure account to login to Custobar. They will not be able to login to Custobar anymore if their account has been disabled.
If the user is logged in to Custobar at the time of disabling, they will stay logged in until the session expires (10 hours of inactivity). If you need to ensure that the user is not able to stay logged in to Custobar we recommend that you disable their account also in Custobar. You can do this from the “Manage users'' section in Custobar.