Platform / Marketing automation
Facebook Conversion API (CAPI) for campaign optimisation (better conversion for less money)
If you use an agency to handle your Facebook (myMeta) ads, it’s likely that they have asked you for the Facebook Conversion API, also known as CAPI. If you manage myMeta advertising in-house, chances are that Meta has directly asked you to activate it. Should you do it? Definitely! Why? Because you will get higher conversions and reduce the costs of your Facebook/myMeta ads.
Facebook Conversion API is designed to help Facebook/Meta get more thorough data. This data can help marketers understand how people are interacting with their ads and their website. With the help of the Facebook (myMeta) CAPI, ad campaigns can be optimised to reach the right people, at the right time, and with the right personalised messages.
That means more sales, more customers, and better business success.
Why is the Meta Pixel not enough?
Conversions API is recommended to be implemented on top of the Meta Pixel for:
- Improved accuracy. Facebook Conversion API is needed to provide a more accurate representation of how users are interacting with your eCommerce/website and which campaigns are driving those interactions. Here Custobar brings significant added value: Offline (brick-and-mortar stores) conversions can only be included with Custobar. Accuracy cannot really be improved beyond that.
- Increased reliability. Facebook Conversion API provides more reliable data than Meta Pixel. The latter relies on cookies, which can be blocked or deleted by users. CAPI, on the other hand, is not reliant on cookies.
- Better privacy. Facebook Conversion API is a server-to-server (as opposed to browser-to-server) integration, which helps the user data stay secure and private.
Facebook Conversion API is necessary for advanced tracking and accurate data analysis. \
Let’s get technical
All talk of the Facebook Conversion API (CAPI) gets real technical real fast. You can find the steps you need to take to automatically send your conversion data from Custobar to Facebook in our documentation linked below. Here’s how Meta for Developers describes the benefits of the implementation:
- Deeper-Funnel Visibility with sales events.
- Added data control over what data you share.
- Signal Reliability and Resiliency due to the API’s design to be less susceptible to browser crash, connectivity problems, and other issues.
Take a look at how it’s done
Become a Facebook conversion API expert (Meta for Developers)
Conversions API End-to-End Implementation