Every social media marketer has felt the costs of the death of the third-party cookie: Facebook ad prices (myMeta ads) have gone up and targeting accuracy has gone down. And it’s all not just down to how browsers and operating systems are blocking the use of third-party cookie data. Strict data protection policies and the general awareness of the need to protect your personal data play a part as well.
We have the answer and can promise you
- a safe and GDPR compliant customer matching
- the possibility to create targeted and personalised campaigns using customer data from all touch points
- higher ads conversion with smaller budget
These promises are easy to make and keep, because the customer data that the Custobar Customer Data Platform (CDP) and Marketing Automation tool collects in real time into one 360-degree customer view is based on the use of first-party data. That is data controlled or owned by your company, not by Facebook/Meta! The identified customer data you have is the most valuable asset you have, and not the least because Facebook cannot access it on its own.
There are a host of other benefits in using the Facebook Custom Audiences that will keep your customers engaged and happy to be doing business with you.
- Since customer data can be automatically updated from Custobar to Facebook (Meta), it is easy to remove customers who already made a purchase from retargeting. There are not many things so infuriating to a customer than getting ads about things they just bought. If nothing else, it’s dubious to your brand and reputation.
- You may have customers who have not given permission to do email marketing. The Facebook Custom Audiences is a great way to reach them in another way.
- You can create lookalike audiences, audiences similar to your existing customer base, based on the data on your best customers or utilising your customers’ purchase behaviour.
Here are a few use case examples:
The real competitive edge that the Custobar Customer Data Platform (CDP) and Marketing Automation tool has, apart from the use of 1st party data, is the ability to have access to all customer data from all channels and all touch points, even physical stores, and always in real time. This data can then be utilised to, for example:
- Removing customers who already made a purchase from retargeting campaigns. Even the ones who bought at a physical location.
- Activate customers who don’t react to your other channels, like email or SMS.
- Reaching customers who have forbidden email marketing.
- Remove those customers from your myMeta marketing who already respond to your other marketing channels to optimise your marketing budget.
- Acquiring new customers using lookalike audiences.
- Targeting customers at different stages of their customer journeys.
- Targeting customers whose data is no longer stored by the Facebook/myMeta pixel.
Note! Facebook Custom Audiences is not a feature that is automatically a part of your Custobar licence. The monthly price of the Facebook Custom Audiences feature is based on the number of your customers. Google Ads Customer Match integration will be included in the price. Please contact sales for a quote.
Note also, that much of what is said about Facebook Custom Audiences is applicable to Instagram in this time of Meta. Furthermore, we can accommodate utilising the Facebook API (CAPI) integration.
Let’s get technical
One of the great things about Facebook Custom Audiences is that there is no more need for manual file import - export. Great news for both marketers and techies alike.
You can find more technical information on how to do the API integration in just a few clicks from the resources listed below, but here’s how it all works in a nutshell:
- You can create customer segments using Custobar and send any number of those segments to Facebook using the seamless integration to Facebook Custom Audience.
- Use the Custobar CDP’s tools, such as the RFM matrix or audiences and audience search, to create customer segments (data-based audiences).
- Facebook Ads audiences will be sent automatically from Custobar to Facebook. In other words, the data-based customer segments you created will automatically be visible on your myMeta/Facebook Ads Manager.
- Emails and phone numbers are pushed to Facebook (data out) in a securely hashed format.
- 1st party data, that is server-side conversion data, is sent to Facebook/Meta securely.
- Customer data can be automatically updated in Facebook Audiences whenever that data is enriched or new events occur in other channels that update the data in Custobar.
- Facebook Custom Audiences is paired with a Google Ads integration. You get two integrations for the price of one.